As of tomorrow, there will be 10 days before the start of Camp NaNoWriMo. It's not ofTEN that we get this chance so I thought I would bring to your atTENtion 10 reasons to think about joing a 10Min Cabin.
1. FREE! It is completely and totally free. You can join Camp NaNoWriMo absolutely gratis.
2. OLD FRIENDS! In Camp you can join one of the TEN Minute Novelists cabins (chat rooms) and be surrounded by a group of your friends while you write.
3. GOALS! You set the goals you want to meet and the way in which you want to measure them. Interested in writing words? You can do that! Interested in the number of hours you edit? You can do that too!
4. PRIZES! That's right there are some groups or businesses who are interested in your business so they are giving away some of their business services and products . Some you'll get just by participating, others by winning camp nanowrimo, and because you set your own goals (see Number 3), you actually CAN'T lose.
5. MOTIVATION! Are you having a difficult time getting started/keeping going/reaching the end of your writing project? Haven't writTEN as much as you had hopen? Support from your friends is all you need! Ask questions about about conTENt, structure, character and pretty much anything! Work with your friends and it won't feel like work!.
6. PRACTICE! Unlike NaNoWriMo, there is no set goal of 50,000 words in 30 days. But you can start working up to it, really exTENd yourself, with 25,000 for April's Camp, 37,500 for Camp in July and by November, you'll be ready for the whole shooting match!
7. EXPERIMENT! Want to try your hand at epic poetry? Go for it! Song lyrics? Do it! Short Stories/ Novellas, Flash fiction? Have at it! It doesn't have to be a novel (though it can be that too!)
8. NEW FRIENDS! Meet shiny new people! Some crisp new campers with the wrapper still on, some refurbished models guaranteed to work. Learn from people who have done it all before, or who are seeing it with a completely fresh perspective. Writing doesn't have to be a lonely job!
9. SUPPORT! NaNoWriMo is a great program and donations go to their Young Writer's Program, encouraging youth to dip quill into ink and forge their own future! Buy the Merch (I have a cool mug that I drink coffee from when I participate in Camp), or better yet, get sponsored to write and make money for a good cause.
10. CAMP! Eat virtual (Three part story) S'Mores, sing (Thematic) Campfire Songs, lisTEN to (Serial) Ghost Stories, go Swimming in the Virtual (Word) Lake, Nature (Description) Hikes, what's not to love? All the benefits of camping, and none of the bugs or wildlife getting into your sleeping bag! (Virtual kitTENs are always welcome though!)
No TENts required to have an inTENsly good time!